The Green Guide surveyed web site visitors who've used the following
brands of lip and eye makeup, made without certain problem ingredients,
to see how they found they performed when compared to conventional
brands they've used:
• Aveda Eye Makeup
• Burt's bees Lip Makeup
• Dr. Hauschka Lipstick or Lipliner
• Ecco Bella Eye Makeup
• Aubrey Organics Lip Color
• L'Occitane Lip Makeup
Here's what we learned from over 714 respondents:
1. Burt's Bees lip makeup and Aveda eye makeup were the most popular among respondents.
2. The majority of respondents who have used an
eco-friendly brand of lip or eye makeup prefer it over a conventional
brand they have used in the past.
3. Overall, L'Occitane and Dr. Hauschka lip makeup
users say that these brand perform and look better than a conventional
brand; Aveda and Eco Bella eye makeup users say that these brands
perform and look as good as conventional eye makeup brands; and Aubrey
Organics lip color users feel that this brand performs and looks worse
than a conventional brand of makeup.
4. Aveda and Dr. Hauschka users are more likely
to have to use the same amount as a conventional brand to get the look
and color they want.
5. The majority of Aveda and Ecco Bella
customers don't have to reapply this brand and slightly more than half
of Aubrey Organics lip color users say that they have to reapply this
brand more often than they do a conventional brand to get the look they
6. An overwhelming majority of eco-friendly lip
and eye makeup users feel that these eco-friendly brand are of higher
quality than conventional ones.
Click here to visit The Green Guide and find out what users are saying about these products.